The average life expectancy for a cat twenty or thirty years ago in an average household was 4-6 years. Now it’s closer to 15 years – and similarly for the dog. This increased lifespan is the result of better nutrition, more advanced vaccines, more responsible ownership and improved veterinary care.
What us Gerivet?
GERIVET is a procaine/vitamin-based powdered nutritional supplement especially for animals experiencing the symptoms of old age (it is intended for long-term administration to mature, aging and geriatric dogs and cats). It contains factors and micronutrients that improve general tone & condition, restore mental alertness and aid in the relief of age-related stiffness. GERIVET helps pets cope with the distressing side-effects of the ageing process and helps to improve overall health
What is an aging/geriatric pet?
Theses days our pets are living much longer as a result of better nutrition, development vaccines, more responsible ownership, and improved and more readily available veterinary care. Because the aging process varies with breed, size and lifestyle, the age at which an animal is considered geriatric is also variable. A geriatric health care programme could begin at the following ages:
How does Gerivet work?
GERIVET powder was formulated specifically for geriatric animals. |As they become older, their need for certain vitamins, minerals and other micronutrients increases. As the same time appetite decreases so their intake of these nutrients is lessened. GERIVET can make up for the deficiency of these micronutrients by providing high doses of the essential vitamins and nutrients required for intracellular nutrition, as well as supplying other factors, which have been shown to be beneficial on the ageing process.
What are some of GERIVET’s ingredients?
GERIVET provides high doses of essential vitamins and nutrients, which include the following:
- Biotin – improves skin and coat condition.
- Choline – for liver function.
- MSM – helps to increase stamina, delays the onset of tiredness and alleviates symptoms of arthritis (in both animals and humans, MSM has been used for years to reduce inflammation and to relieve other musculo-skeletal problems).
- Procaine – improves mental function in aged.
- Vitamin E + Selenium – together they enhance each other’s action to protect cells against toxins.
- Zinc – at the dose found in GERIVET, zinc helps to build up the immune system, which is of benefit to wound-healing and in arthritis.
How do you use GERIVET?
The powder should be given sprinkled over food, in the following dosages:
- Dogs up to 9kg and cats: 2.5g (half a medicine measure) daily.
- Dogs 10kg – 30kg: 5g (1 medicine measure) daily.
- Dogs 30kg – 40kg: 7.5g (1,5 medicine measures) daily.
- Dogs over 40kg: 10g (2 medicine measures) daily.
250g with measure
Store in a cool dry place (below 25 degrees C) away from direct sunlight.
GERIVET contains nutrients in an easily digestible form and perfectly compliments any senior pet foods. Although formulated for geriatric pets, GERIVET is a great “pick –me- up” for pets of any age and wont do any harm if given to younger dogs or cats.